Experience this adventure through the Sian Ka’an Biosphere and discover wonderful landscapes.
Sian Ka’an Biosphere: Safari Truck Tour from Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya
Venture to discover Sian Ka’an Biosphere Reserve in a Safari Truck Off-Road vehicle, onboard this you will cross part of green jungle of the Sian Ka’an Biosphere until reach Punta Allen where a group of experts in the region will take us on a boat ride to explore part of the lagoon and observe some animals such as turtles and dolphins in their native habitat.
Get your camera ready! It’s time to explore the Laguna Negra on a trip through canals surrounded by mangroves to observe waterfowl and wild birds and then jump into the water of a beautiful reef to snorkel surrounded by multicolored fish. Discover the beauty of the underwater world of the Mexican Caribbean! End the day relaxing in an incredible natural pool, a very quiet area of soft sand and crystal clear turquoise waters of 1.50 meters deep. We will also visit the town of Punta Allen where you can enjoy a delicious meal.
There’s still more! In our passage through Boca Paila and with a bit of luck you will be able to observe huge crocodiles on the edges of the river camouflaged between the landscape.
The Sian Ka’an Reserve is a protected natural area and a Natural World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Home of an extensive diversity of flora and fauna. Beautiful and natural places are part of Sian Ka’an such beaches, dunes, cenotes, coral reefs and tropical jungle. It was named Sian Ka’an which in the Mayan language means “Where the sky is born or door to heaven ”
Sian Ka’an is the perfect place for nature lovers!
- Timetable Monday to Sunday
- Pick ups from Hotels in Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya
- Pick ups from hotels between Valentin Imperial until Moon Palace have an extra cost of 10 USD
- Activity length: 8.5 hrs aprox + Transportation time
- Prices: $ 120 USD Adults | $95 USD Child
- Frequency: English and Spanish ( Everyday). Other Languages: French, Italian and German
- We gently recommend booking this tour 2 days in advance to ensure your seat. For reservations with one day in advance, please request availability before booking
- Round Trip Transportation
- Trip in Safari Off Road Truck through the Sian Ka’an Reserve
- Profesional Guide
- Safari Boat Tour (6 passengers max.)
- Search and observation of animals: Boca Paila (Crocodiles) Sian Ka’an Lagoon (Turtles and dolphins) Black Lagoon ( Bird watching)
- Snorkeling in the second largest reef in the world (as long as weather conditions permit)
- Natural swimming pool or blanquizal (Time to relax and swim)
- Punta Allen
- Mexican Food Buffet and Drinks
- Snorkel Equipment
- Dock fee and Marine Park Tax for the maintenance of marine protected areas ($3 USD). PAID AT DOCK IN CASH
- Comfortable clothing
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Extra money for optional purchases
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women, or persons with recent surgeries or back problems.
- Snorkel activity is optional and it is subject to weather conditions
- Children aged 4 to 10 pay the child rate.