Journey with us to discover Ek Balam, one the best kept secrets of the Mayan world
Ek Balam Half Day Tour from Cancun, Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya
Hidden by the lush jungle of the Yucatan peninsula is laying Ek Balam, considered as one of the most impressive ceremonial centers of the Yucatan Peninsula and most definitely one of the best preserved. Be a witness of its majestic structures in high relief and the impressive hieroglyphs decorating the ancient walls of temples and plazas of this metropole.
Ek Balam is the most recent uncovered Mayan cities, so not being as famous as Chichen Itza you can enjoy a paceful visit without crowds. The highlight of the visit is climbing the acropolis, from the top you can admire the spectacular jungle that surrounds it.
After the guided tour you will have ample opportunity to roam the grounds on your own. Enjoy a box lunch and refreshing beverages while you sit back for a scenic ride to return to your hotel.
- Ek Balam Half Day Tour is available from Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Pick ups available from Cancun Hotel Zone and Hotels in Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya
- Activity length: 3 hrs approx. plus transportation
- Prices: $ 139 USD Adult || $ 129 USD Child
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Round-trip transportation in Van with AC
- Bilingual certified federal tour guide
- Admission tickets to Ek Balam
- Guided tour in Ek Balam
- Deli Style Lunch and bottled water
- Fresh moist towels after the tour
- Umbrellas for sun or rain
- Comfortable shoes
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Extra money for souvenirs for personal expenses
- Minimum age to participate: 8 years old
- Children aged 8 to 11 pay the child rate
- This tour is not recommended for guests with limited mobility.
- Non-professional cameras are permitted at no cost. Video cameras GoPro tablets and selfie sticks have a charge which is paid directly at the box office upon entry. The use of professional photography equipment is strictly prohibited – including tripods.
- Ek Balam Half day expedition operates under all weather conditions. We have umbrellas available for sun and/or rain.