Underground river adventure from Playa del Carmen and Riviera Maya
Discover the inside of the Earth walking through an incredible system of caves with countless rock formations and swimming in the crystal-clear waters of an underground river.
Be ready to discover in this adventure the mayan underworld, also know as Xibalba by Mayans. This experience will open your eyes with spectacular caverns, cenotes and underground rivers.
We will start the walk on a path in the jungle that will take us to one of the entrances of the cave system where the Subterranean River is. Inside the cave we will find cenotes which are crystal water sources and a countless number of stalactites and stalagmites, spectacular rock formations and crustacean fossils. During the tour in the caves our guide will tell us about the creation of these formations and important information about their origins.
After going through those tunnels we will arrive to the main cenote which is lit by natural and artificial light. There is an area with shallow waters where kids can enjoy crystal waters and while the adults can enter the deeper part of this beautiful place.
- Available from Monday to Sunday
- Shifts: 8:00 am | 11: 00 am | 2:00 pm
- Activity length: 2 hrs aprox + Transportation time
- Languages available: Español, English, French, Italian
- Prices: 75 USD Adult | 55 USD Child
- Pick ups from Hotels in Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya, Puerto Morelos, Crococun and Bahia Petempich
- Pick ups from Dreams Tulum, Tulum Centro and Tulum Hotel Zone: 5 USD extra
- Pick up from Cancun: 10 USD EXTRA. It is required a minimum of 6 pax
- Private Tour Available from Cancun or any other point along the Riviera Maya. Get a Quote for the best pricing!
- Transportation in air-conditioned Van
- Professional and Experienced Guide
- Entrance fees for the Cenote
- Exploration of the caves and Underground River
- All equipment (helmet, lantern, water shoes, life jacket)
- Bottles of water
- Medical expenses insurance in case of accident
- Wetsuit (optional) – $ 10USD
- Photos CD – $ 50 USD
- Comfortable clothing
- Swimwear and towel
- Change of clothes
- Closed-toe, comfortable shoes
- Water shoes (optional)
- Extra money for optional purchases
- This tour is not suitable for pregnant women, or persons with recent surgeries, heart conditions, or back problems.
- People under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate in this tour.
- Use of sun blockers, mosquito repellent and excessive makeup is not allowed in the underground river
- It is totally prohibited to touch the caves formations, stalactites, stalagmites and to collect pieces of formations from the underground river
- For safety reasons, using cameras and recording devices are not allowed
- Children aged 5 to 9 pay the child rate.
- Minimum aged to participate: 5 years old